Hi The coach zone,
Welcome to this weeks Get COACHd on Friday.
Meandering through entrepreneur and coaching activity, I find that I have been starting to play with branding and colours. I am not a ‘creative’ (now there’s a coaching subject perhaps for co-coaching) so I need all the tools that I can.
So a quick share for you on some tools that I find interesting on colour and productivity.
- Canva is turning into my goto image creator and editor. A free tool on offer here is the Color Wheel (dear Canva – it should be spelt Colour). This tool allows you to work with colour theory and pick colours that work together. Great for design
- For those of you that are working on a PC. Did you know that you can post a blogpost direct from Word? Check out the Blog Post template and connect this to your blog. Publish away….
- Have you played with your signature in email? Do you have a list of standard emails that you send to your clients – perhaps onboarding, or terms etc. Why not set them up as a signature? This will mean that commonly used emails are close to hand.
Eric Schmidt, software developer and business powerhouse, created 9 rules for email. Here are his top 6 – See if any of these make you more efficient with your inbox:
- Respond quickly
- When writing an email, every word matters and useless prose doesn’t.
- Be crisp in your delivery.
- Clean out your inbox constantly.
- Handle email in LIFO (last in, first out) order.
- Ask yourself, “What should I have forwarded, but didn’t?”
What works for you?
Enjoy your reads below and do get in touch if you are interested in the next cohort of the Coaching Development and Supervision group – this is filling fast. It is ideal for a coach that needs a place to work with others and unwind their thinking in a crisp but challenging way.
Finally, having received some feedback that several of you pass on this to others, please do spread the word about COACHd. Signing up to this distribution can be made here.