Last week, I introduced a process to start regaining some time to do the important stuff – 15 minutes at a time.
In today’s world of constant distractions, it is essential to focus on the tasks that are most important in order to achieve success. With the rise of technology, it has become increasingly harder to focus on the tasks at hand. Whether it is work, school, or personal goals, the ability to focus and stay on task is a key ingredient to accomplishing those goals. Focusing helps us to stay organized, prioritize our workload, and increase the likelihood of achieving our desired results.
Sometimes though, I just get sidetracked or ‘go done the rabbit hole’.
We must strive for a balance between focusing on what adds value to our lives and getting distracted by pursuits of lesser importance. It’s easy to become engulfed in activities that, while appearing essential, may not enhance our overall contentment.
Think of it this way – our life is a complex, intricate blend of diverse passions, aspirations, and interests. Yet, all too often, we may end up throwing ourselves into certain areas at the expense of others. While this might bring success in those focused areas, it can leave us feeling a bit hollow or discontented elsewhere.
A simple 5 step process can help to regain time and draw on the benefits that you release.
- Self-Evaluation: Take time to evaluate where your attention is currently focused.
- Identify Areas for Change: Identify which areas need more focus for a balanced life.
- Create a Balanced Schedule: Reallocate your time to ensure all identified areas are being addressed.
- Implement Changes Gradually: Introduce the changes in a gradual manner. Start with small, manageable changes and progressively move towards bigger ones.
- Periodic Review and Adjustment: Regularly review your progress and adjust your schedule as necessary.
So, there you go.
Not only have we introduced a 15 minute re-cleansing to your day, but we can now also regain time on the stuff that matters, ditching the unhelpful.